“Iper” in Portello, Milan, One of the Best Examples of Hypermarkets in Italy
Our contributor in Italy reports once again on the supermarket innovations overseas.
By Antonello Vilardi, Italy, Retail Watch
The hypermarket (about 10,500 square meters) with the sign “IPER”, located in the Portello area of Milan try to increase sales opportunities translating flavor invitations through good coordination of spaces, profound assortment at reasonable prices, proximity, practical usability and estreme quality of fresh products.
In details, the store offers:
- 42 cash positions, of which 22 in self-scanning mode;
- input entrusted to the fruit and vegetables;
- rich and visible technology area;
- mineral water bank, at the bottom of the entrance path;
- kiosk of sushi, in central position;
- “fresh departments”, with assistance, centrally located, as they were within a large square;
- hot spot “grilling”, equipped to cook both fish and meat immediately;
- “pizzeria”, with tables, practical and comfortably accessibile;
- “frozen” near the end of the visit;
- exhibition equipment specially reserved for fresh drinks;
- parking with 1,000 spaces;
- opening hours to the public, continued, from 8 AM to 10 PM (every day of the week, sunday only until 9 in the evening)
- “iperdrive.it service” (order online and pick up in the reserved area);
- loyalty program with card;
- “natural bio” line, with many organic products related to beauty and personal hygiene.
What is made available to consumers in this zone of the Milan metropolis makes it aware of the depth at which it is possible to penetrate by pursuing the best to meet food needs of people, in an internal context pleasant and validly usable.