Florida Key Lime Pie
Florida key lime pie is a simple, traditional recipe with a graham cracker crust and is an ideal dessert for spring or summer.
Published in partnership with Nutrition 411
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1, 13-oz can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ? cup lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1, 9-oz container nondairy whipped topping, defrosted if frozen
- Green food coloring (optional)
Melt margarine. Add graham cracker crumbs and sugar to the margarine, and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into a 9-in pie shell, and bake at 350°F for about 5 min. Save some mixture to sprinkle on top of pie. Cool and set aside.
Add lime juice to sweetened condensed milk, and mix thoroughly. Add half of the nondairy whipped topping to mixture and mix thoroughly. Add 2 to 3 drops of green food coloring (optional) and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into cooled pie shell. Top with remaining nondairy whipped topping, and sprinkle leftover graham cracker crumb mixture on top.
*Freeze pie if desired.
Recipe Nutrition Facts
7.3 g protein
204 mg sodium
318 mg potassium
209 mg phosphorus