What a year! These are our top stories on The Lempert Report for 2020.
1. The Learnings From Thanksgiving 2020
Here is what we learned. People got on planes. People had larger Thanksgiving gatherings than what was advised. People spent more money buying things online. And more people turned to food banks to feed their families. What I don’t comprehend is the why?
2. Can Restaurants Say “No” to Special Requests?
We have all seen it – some menus politely state “please no substitutions” while others may be more forceful and say that the kitchen will not vary their recipes for any reason.
3. 2021 Trend Predictions Part 3: Eating at Home
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the frailties of the food world and its supply chain.
4. The 13 Food Safety Topics That You Need To Know
The European Food Safety Authority has just concluded that changing consumer behavior is driving many of the emerging issues in food safety.
5. What’s The BIG Deal About Tik Tok? Food!
TikTok and Postmates have joined together to create TikTok Treats.
6. 2021 Trend Predictions Part 1: Staying Healthy & Well
One sector of the food business that experienced a huge benefit from the pandemic are comfort foods.
7. Are we wasting $4 trillion on our well being?
A new column in Gear Patrol reports that the high cost of supplements and fitness equipment has left millions of Americans in its wake.
8. Adobe’s 2020 Covid-19 Shopping Predictions
Adobe analyzed over one trillion visits to U.S. retail sites and 100 million SKUs from 80 of the 100 largest U.S. retailers – which is actually more than any other technology company.
9. Next Food Phase
We have long discussed the how and whys of CPG and supermarkets watching what is happening on Instagram as a tool to help develop new food products as well as to gauge consumer trends.
10. 2021 Trend Predictions Part 2: Staying Health and Well
The International Food Information Council’s 2020 Food & Health Survey findings echo the supermarket COVID-era objective: build trust and help stressed households achieve their wellness goals.