This next Gen iteration of Woodstock is just 20 miles away from where I’m sitting and while it started on Friday and runs thru April 24 and is expected to attract over 600,000 people this year – even amid Covid concerns and some events being cancelled. One brand in particular isn’t too concerned. Absolute vodka – the brand that changed the image, pricing and sales of vodka wants to do it again as they bring its Coachella space to the metaverse in a mix of real-life and virtual experiences. Absolut this year marks its 10th as being the “official” vodka at Coachella by launching Absolut.Land. According to E! Absolut.Land is a convergence of art, fashion, music and, of course, cocktails made to bring people together both in-person and online. It's a space where festival goers on ground and fans from all across the country can meet and bond over their shared love of festival culture through virtual drinks, experiences and more. Absolut will even have a physical tent designed to perfectly match the one you'll find in Absolut.Land, so it really is a merging of the physical and digital worlds. Here’s what you can expect on the 3 floors of Absolut.Land:
- There's The Anti-Gravity Dance Floor, which allows guests to "flow" from floor to floor in the grandest way possible.
- The Absolut Bar, which is the heart of the land, acts as the central hub with all the information you need to know and is home to the resident bartender. Festival goers at Coachella have a chance to take over the bartender avatar through an interactive kiosk at the physical tent. They can mix virtual cocktails, chat with other avatars and even gift NFT wearables.
- The Citron Media Room, which was inspired by Absolut's Citrus portfolio, is a space for fans to mix and get access to exclusive content.
- The Garden is an open air space where people can find collectibles that spotlight ingredients for signature cocktails, as well as hidden portals to other experiences.
- The Museum Gallery pays tribute to Absolut's history of iconic art.
- The Selfie Room features a colorful backdrop inspired by Absolut's "Born to Mix" campaign and gives fans a chance to capture and share their experience in Absolut.Land. There's also a chance to win the ultimate Coachella NFT collectible.
- The PRIDE Tunnel is an "all-out rave" paying homage to Absolut's involvement within the LGBTQ+ community.
- The Rainbow Rave is an all-out dance party powered by PRIDE that features a disco-inspired dance floor. Fans have the opportunity to share their dance moves on social and gain access to exclusive Absolut.Land pride wearables.
Welcome to the metaverse!