Are you ready for NFRA’s Cool Food for Kids educational outreach program?
This program brings the message that frozen and refrigerated foods are versatile, convenient and easy products for children, young adults and parents to create fresh, quality meals. And to help retailers understand just how shoppers are shopping, we asked the SupermarketGuru.com Consumer Panel to share how they shop.
In 2016, frozen has become more important to shoppers than ever before as they are seeking healthier as well as more indulgent offerings, more sustainable and transparent sources of their foods, saving money and to cope with what is at the top of many lists – eliminating food waste.
- Over 58% of respondents purchase ice cream or novelties at least once a month with more than 31% purchasing more than once a month. Meanwhile 7% are indulging every week.
- Over 97% of respondents typically make a purchase in the dairy aisle. Nearly 40% typically purchase more than 3 items. A majority of people, 58%, purchase 3 items or less.
- Even with so many new milk alternative choices, over 77% of respondents still purchase dairy milk. Even so, sales of milk alternatives have a respectable household penetration with over 44% of respondents purchasing some type of milk alternative. Almond milk remains the most popular type of milk alternative with 43% of the purchases.
- Besides dairy staples, refrigerated juice is the most popular of our survey items to be purchased on a regular basis by over 46% of respondents.
- Forty-four percent of respondents grocery shop in bulk once per week. Eighty-six percent of respondents are in the grocery store at least once a week.
Our panel respondents were 56% female and equally divided among all age groups between 18 and 75.
I support NFRA’s Cool Food for Kids Nutrition Education Program, and I hope you will too. Visit EasyHomeMeals.com for more information.